The startup & team
WOOM is a data driven tech company focus on reproductive & women’s health. We help couples on different stages of their reproductive life. We currently operate in Spain, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Peru, the US and other LATAM Markets, with more than 700,000 registered users. This year we plan to continue with our international expansion. We are a team of 18 talented professionals, covering Technology, Product Design, Marketing and Community, coming from Google, eBay, or the startup world.
Who are we looking for?
As Data Science team member you will be working with very high performance people across the organization, including senior business people and most importantly with senior medical scientists. At Data Science we use a state-of-the-art infrastructure that allows us to dimension problems, understand correlations of specific medical conditions that might be affecting women without them knowing it, or simply finding correlations that will improve women’s life in difficult moment of their life, such as menopause, postpartum or achieving a really wanted pregnancy.
Being part of a Data as a Service team, you will make a great impact on women’s life, as your conclusions will be used directly by women, but also by laboratories to build better products, insurance companies for establishing healthier lifestyle to impact prevention, and from scientific teams from a diversity of places like private and public hospitals for research purposes.
Must have excellent interpersonal skills, be a self-starter, and enjoy being part of and contributing to a hard-working team. Must have the ability to quickly learn and creatively leverage new technologies and knowledge. Ability to work flexibly and independently in an agile, fast changing environment.
We will value
- Good knowledge of python for data analysis and data visualization libraries tools
- Strong educational background, e.g Degree in Computer Science, Biomed engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience using machine learning techniques and applying them in production environments
- A background in Probability & Statistics would be a bonus
- Experience publishing in peer reviewed scientific journals is a plus
- Ability to work autonomously in an unstructured environment
What we offer
We support our employees with a continuous training and learning environment and an attractive package including equity. WOOM is really well connected with the entrepreneurial ecosystem and we encourage our employees to lead and attend events. At the same time, the new team member will work on a product that will change people’s lives. P reference based in Madrid, Spain or Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Flexible schedule and a special attention to work-life and family-life balance
- Option to work remotely once a week
- Competitive salary based on experience, potentially including equity
- 6 days off per year for training & annual training budget
- Work in a startup with a growing customer base and an exciting product roadmap